«Selection» is a collection of songs that takes some important moments from long collections never released («Exp09» and «Elec09», the first one starts from guitars, the second one from synths), plus one trip of acoustic guitars, banjos and echoes («January 2009») and some quiet moments from «2008». A very spacey track released recording over and destructurating a song of a friend of mine…
It’s very emotional work. Light and romantic, it’s sometimes sad and very human, sometimes cold and abstract.
Melodic guitar improvisations are the core of the album. They’re the bricks for sound constructions created on unstable foundation of light ambient layers. The constructions are so light and clear, intricate and fanciful, full of shades and very logical.
«Selection» by Il Taglia is the real creative work which not needs tags or descriptions. It’s a fusion of emotions and sound design, romance and mathematics.
All tracks recorded between 2008 and 2009.
Drawings (Sleeve front+back), acoustic & electric guitars, banjo, piano, synths, xylophone, filtered vocals, cavequeno, percussions by Luca Tagliabue.
Fonts design by Knell.
Track #3 is the reworked version of «The Visitor» by Bessemerr (from «Monoscopium EP»): additional production, guitars, banjo, piano, synths by Luca Tagliabue.
- Il Taglia – Elec09XI (03:24)
- Il Taglia – Exp09I (07:49)
- Il Taglia – The Visitor (Original By Bessemerr) (Il Taglia Version) (07:34)
- Il Taglia – Elec09III (01:52)
- Il Taglia – 2008 #4 (06:08)
- Il Taglia – Elec09VII (03:00)
- Il Taglia – 2008 #1 (06:00)
- Il Taglia – January 2009 (13:22)
- Il Taglia – January 2009 – The End (09:04)