Thanks to Francis Beaubois.
«Inner Subspace» is the first full-length album by Thelxinoe, and it’s a honour for DNA Production to release such outstanding debut work.
This release continues developing distinct Thelxinoe approach of creating high-quality drone ambient with the stringed and wind instruments involved. There are some slightly Maeror Tri/Troum-influenced moments such as light and a bit psychedelic, sometimes reversed guitar chords – especially in the shorter odd tracks which look like introductions or transitions to much longer even tracks. But the essence of Thelxinoe’s creativity is in the second track full of straight multilayered canvases of meditative drone ambient and particularly in fourth 33-minutes track. This marvelous piece is called «Corona Borealis Void» and offers dark texture made of overwhelmingly long-resonating brain-blowing drones which goes as perfect background for sometimes melancholic and relaxing, sometimes psychedelic saxophone inclusions.
Alexey Zakharov: alt-saxophone, baritone-saxophone.
Peter L.: guitar, bass, sound processing.
Kol Belov: cover art.
- Thelxinoe – Virgo I Cluster (09:20)
- Thelxinoe – Coma Cluster (19:00)
- Thelxinoe – Fornax Void (08:10)
- Thelxinoe – Corona Borealis Void (33:00)
This split work shares passion and emotions from two Russian dark/drone ambient projects. One of them, Bardoseneticcube is a Russian industrial legend, an unique project which hails from St. Petersburg. Another one is Thelxinoe, a two-man collaboration which successfully mixes elements of guitar-driven drone ambient with saxophone and clarinet.
Four tracks, dark and anxious from Bardoseneticcube and meditative from Thelxinoe, cover wide space of human emotions and impress with distinct sombre atmosphere of well-made dark ambient piece.
- Bardoseneticcube – Grey Morning (12:08)
- Thelxinoe – Saqqa (19:31)
- Bardoseneticcube – GOD 528 (10:17)
- Thelxinoe – D’mt (10:01)
Tracks by Bardoseneticcube and Thelxinoe have featured in Sadayatana Podcast #106 «Pitch Blackness» (November 10, 2012).
Listen and find there:
- «GOD 528» by Bardoseneticcube from Bardoseneticcube & Thelxinoe – «Split»
- «Grey Morning» by Bardoseneticcube from Bardoseneticcube & Thelxinoe – «Split»
- «D’mt» by Thelxinoe from Bardoseneticcube & Thelxinoe – «Split»
Thanks to John Tocher.